If you have a Detrack – Live Vehicle Tracking And Proof Of Delivery account, you may choose to sync it with your ElasticRoute account for route planning and optimization.
How To Set Up
Detrack Field Setup
Step 1: Login to your Detrack dashboard.
Step 2: Navigate to Settings > Job > Fields > Enable Job Sequence, Run No. and ETA Time > Save.
*The information of the optimized routes from ElasticRoute would be sent back to these 3 Detrack fields.
The Job Sequence will determine the order of the job lists in the Driver App. Your driver may follow this job order that appears on his / her screen to perform the deliveries.
The Run Number is an ordered grouping for the stops that can be passed or assigned to a driver that forms a route.
For more information, refer to How To Scan QR Codes To Accept Runs.
The ETA represents the estimated time of arrival, i.e. the time the vehicle is expected to reach the stop.
If you happen to require Groups and Vehicle Type for planning, you may enable the following fields.
- Refer to:
- How To Use Group For Separating Your Runs
- How To Assign Stops With Special Requirements To Specific Vehicle Type
Step 3: Navigate to Settings > Job > Sorting > Switch off Auto sort jobs > Save.
Detrack API Key
Step 4: Navigate to Settings > API key to retrieve your Detrack API key.
Step 5: Copy this Detrack API key.
You may select certain fields to retrieve information from your Detrack account for planning.
- For more information regarding the use of the fields, refer to:
- How To Set Vehicle Capacity
- How To Set Time Windows
- How To Add Depots / Warehouses
- How To Pre-Assign The Stop To The Vehicle
- Checking the Push Planned Depot checkbox will overwrite the original Detrack depot field replace it with the edited planned depot value in ElasticRoute.
For example, if the original value in your Detrack were to be Depot1, and if the planned depot value in ElasticRoute were to be Depot2, your depot information in your Detrack account would be altered to Depot2 after pushing the data back.
- Checking the Push Unserved Stops checkbox will clear the Assign To, ETA Time, Job Sequence and Run No. information of the Unserved Stops from ElasticRoute in Detrack.
Uncheck it to prevent the information in Detrack from getting overwritten.
Filtering Of Jobs By Job Statuses
Step 9: You may choose to pull jobs of certain status from Detrack for planning. Only jobs with the corresponding checked job statuses will be pulled.
- Note: For a new day or freshly imported jobs, the job statuses to be selected are:
- In Progress
- Info Received
Retrieving Vehicle Information From Detrack
Step 10: Entering the information in the Vehicle Section would automatically input these properties to your vehicles when you pull the Vehicle information from your Detrack account into ElasticRoute.
Step 11: Navigate to Settings > Vehicles.
Step 12: Click on the Import button > Pull from Detrack.
- To edit your vehicle information. Refer to How To Add Vehicles.
Retrieving Group Information From Detrack
Step 13: Navigate to Settings > Groups.
Step 14: Click on the Import button > Pull from Detrack.