The Group feature in ElasticRoute may be used to separate your runs and vehicles for various purposes such as performing deliveries to different customers.
In this tutorial, 3 Groups have been created to show the use of the Group feature for separating your stops and vehicles.
- Vehicles tagged with All Groups are able to serve any stop, other those those that were being excluded for planning.
- Vehicles without a Group are only able to serve stops without a Group.
How To Set Up
- Navigate to Settings > Groups.
- Click on Add Group button.
- Enter the name of your Group.
- Click Save.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 4 if necessary to create more Groups.
- If you wish to disable the Group from planning, you may click on the icon under the Include In Plan column.
- Once disabled, the row and icon will be greyed out, and stops tagged with the Group will not be planned.
In this tutorial, 5 vehicles were created as shown in the table below.
Vehicle Set Up
- Navigate to Settings > Vehicles.
- Click on Add Vehicle or Edit button.
- Check the required Group/s.
- Click Save.
Screenshot Of Vehicle Setup
How To Use
A list of stops with and without Group was created to show the use of Group feature in separating your runs.
3 special stops (Unknown-1, Unknown-2 and Unknown-3) with Groups not defined in Settings > Groups were created to show the behavior of the All Groups Group.
|Name||Address 1||Address 2||Address 3||City||State||Postal Code||Country||Group|
|Gp1-1||3000 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6||Singapore||Singapore||569813||Singapore||Gp1|
|Gp1-2||53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3||Singapore||Singapore||569933||Singapore||Gp1|
|Gp1-3||3 Temasek Blvd||Singapore||Singapore||038983||Singapore||Gp1|
|Gp2-1||9 Bishan Pl||Singapore||Singapore||579837||Singapore||Gp2|
|Gp2-2||601 Aljunied Ave 1||Singapore||Singapore||389862||Singapore||Gp2|
|Gp2-3||400 Paya Lebar Way||Singapore||Singapore||379131||Singapore||Gp2|
|NoGp-1||2 Jurong East Street 21||Singapore||Singapore||609601||Singapore|
|NoGp-2||1 Jurong West Central 2||Singapore||Singapore||648886||Singapore|
|NoGp-3||21 Choa Chu Kang Ave 4||Singapore||Singapore||689812||Singapore|
|NoPlan-1||5 Lor Napiri||Singapore||Singapore||547530||Singapore||NoPlan|
|NoPlan-2||110 Sengkang E Way||Singapore||Singapore||544886||Singapore||NoPlan|
|NoPlan-3||22 Orange Grove Rd||Singapore||Singapore||258350||Singapore||NoPlan|
|Unknown-1||1 Woodlands Street 13||Singapore||Singapore||738597||Singapore||Unknown1|
|Unknown-2||604 Sembawang Rd||Singapore||Singapore||758459||Singapore||Unknown2|
|Unknown-3||90 Yishun Central||Singapore||Singapore||768828||Singapore||Unknown3|
Screenshot Before Planning
After planning the stops, 5 runs were generated, with each run were being assigned to the Vehicle tagged with the appropriate Group.
The stops with Groups not being defined in Settings > Groups were assigned to AllVan, tagged with All Groups.
Stops assigned the NoPlan Group were excluded from the planning process as per the Settings.
|NoPlan-1||5||1||Unserved (Group is excluded from plan.)|
Screenshot After Planning