A stop is an address of a service point. You can create as many stops as you need. After planning, the stops will be automatically assign to the vehicles.
This tutorial will guide you through the steps of manually adding a stop for planning in ElasticRoute.
How To Add A Stop Manually
- Click on Calendar.
- Select the date of your choice.
- Click Add Stop.
- Enter Name and Address. The rest of the information may be omitted.
*Locate the address by clicking Search or dragging the map marker if necessary.
Refer to How To Manually Locate The Address Of Your Stops Using The Map Marker
- Click Save to return to the summary page.
Please repeat Steps 3 to 5 to create two more stops.
How To Start Planning
- Click on Plan & Optimize.
Once the planning is completed, the rows will turn pale green, with the relevant information such as Run, Seq and ETA being generated.
- The Run refers to the route planned for the driver.
- The Seq refers to the Sequence/Order of the stop in the run. Your driver may follow this sequence number to perform the optimized delivery.
- If there are some stops that are “unserved" some of the reasons might be too few vehicles or not enough time to complete all the stops.
- To export the data out, you may click on the Export button, and select Export to CSV.
- If you wish to customize the headers of your CSV export, please refer to How To Export Planned Stops To CSV
- To view the locations of the stops on the map, click on Map > Select a run number.
The optimized route would be shown in the map below