ElasticRoute allows the users to select the starting and ending depots locations for your vehicles to follow in a directed path for your run.
This feature is useful in instances where
- you wish to optimize your run to collect goods from a certain starting location, and drop off the goods along the way till the vehicle reach another location; or
- you wish to optimize your run to collect goods from various locations till they reach a desired depot to offload the goods; or
- you wish to optimize your run for the vehicle to end at certain location (e.g driver heading home)
Note: Whenever the end depot is selected, the “Return to depot" will be deactivated automatically.
Image Of Depot-To-Depot Run
How To Setup
There are 2 setup steps required to start using this feature.
Addition Of Depots
- Navigate to Settings > Depots
- Click Add Depot
- Enter the name and address of your start depot.
- Click Save when done.
Repeat Steps 2 to 4 to create another depot for end depot.
For more information, refer to How To Add Depots/Warehouse.
Addition Of Vehicles
- Navigate to Settings > Vehicles > Add Vehicle
- Fill in the required fields.
For the Depot field, select the starting location of the run.
For the End Depot field, select the ending location of the run.
- Click “Save" when done.
Screenshot After Adding The Vehicle
For more information, refer to How To Add Vehicles.
How To Use
Addition Of Stops
- Create a list of stops and indicate the Depot, this would be the starting location of the run.
List Of Stops Name Address 1 Address 2 Address 3 City Postal Code Country Depot MINT Museum of Toys 26 Seah St Singapore 188382 Singapore Start Depot Temasek Polytechnic 21 Tampines Ave 1 Singapore 529757 Singapore Start Depot Greenwich V 1 Seletar Rd Singapore 807011 Singapore Start Depot Yew Tee Community Club 20 Choa Chu Kang Street 52 Singapore 689286 Singapore Start Depot Singapore Discovery Centre 510 Upper Jurong Rd Singapore 638365 Singapore Start Depot Tampines 60 Tampines North Drive 2 Singapore 528764 Singapore Start Depot
- Select a date from the Calendar and import into your ElasticRoute account.
- Click “Plan and Optimize".
For more information on adding stops, refer to How To Add Stops For Planning.
Screenshot Before Planning
During the planning, the systems will try to generate a route from the Start Depot to the End Depot.
|Singapore Discovery Centre||510 Upper Jurong Rd Singapore 638365 Singapore||1|
|Yew Tee Community Club||20 Choa Chu Kang Street 52 Singapore 689286 Singapore||2|
|MINT Museum of Toys||26 Seah St Singapore 188382 Singapore||3|
|Greenwich V||1 Seletar Rd Singapore 807011 Singapore||4|
|Tampines||60 Tampines North Drive 2 Singapore 528764 Singapore||5|
|Temasek Polytechnic||21 Tampines Ave 1 Singapore 529757 Singapore||6|
Screenshot After Planning
Screenshot Of Stops On Map